Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

NEED ANSWERS BADLY FOR SNES/UO_SNES EMU

<<

DarkScythe

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:27 am

NEED ANSWERS BADLY FOR SNES/UO_SNES EMU

I installed both Super nintendo emus on my psp and started testing games. I'm sure everyone is having the same problems but I'm trying to confirm some things.

1) The Games run but run very slow. It seems the only way to make them run semi correctly is to set the clock speed to 333mhz, Graphic settings to 2.0 or higher and turn off the sound. The good thing is the games seem to run almost perfectly when this happens, however I am very concered that the overclocking may hurt the system and I am not comfortable with doing this in the long run. Please if anyone has run into this or has tried these things could you confirm the same problems and let me know if the overclocking is a bad idea( I am using the uo_snes emu)
<<

monkeymaximus

Brewery Owner
Brewery Owner

Thanks given: 50 times

Thanks received: 40 times

Post Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:31 am

hey try moving the analog stick up it will cause frame skipping... thats what i do. running at 333 is supposedly what your machine was made for and future games will... thats what some say....

i just up the frame skip rate and play the more basic games... rather not mess with clock speeds.

mm
<<

Danopoly

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 4 times

Post Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:36 am

im not sure bout the turning off the sound part, but what i do is boost the frameskip, plus ive been running all my games at 333, nothings wrong with my PSP yet. And plus the PSP set at 333 at default so theres really no point in worrying.
<<

DarkScythe

Post Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:47 am

The exact settings are

Frame skip 2
Graphics speed 2.0
Clock speed 333mhz
Sound - off

This runs almost every snes game clean some games you might have to run graphics at 3.0 but for the most part it works as long as you turn up the clock speed from 222mhz to 333mhz. the sound being off seems to compensate for the the high graphics resulting in a clean gaming experience. I just didnt want to feel like I was "pushing" my systems limits just to run these games.

Thanks for the input so far guys
<<

Wirelessfreak

Young Brewer

Post Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:50 am

wait so nothings wrong with changing the clockspeed to 333mhz right??? ARE YOU SURE?
<<

notjy

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:13 am

Wirelessfreak wrote:wait so nothings wrong with changing the clockspeed to 333mhz right??? ARE YOU SURE?

Negatory.
<<

monkeymaximus

Brewery Owner
Brewery Owner

Thanks given: 50 times

Thanks received: 40 times

Post Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:19 am

first...i love the lil picture...hahahahah

second clock speed changing is something u do at your own risk. alot of people say it doesnt matter and they have for a while... i dont because i dont have $250 to spare. For all we know the programmer could have done something wrong and make it 444mhz right?

So do it at your own risk.... you can but make sure ur aware of how hot etc...

mm
<<

Danopoly

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:34 am

Wirelessfreak wrote:wait so nothings wrong with changing the clockspeed to 333mhz right??? ARE YOU SURE?

yea, im sure, i have mine a 333 for a while. Usually play for hours. No heat what so ever. Its all good, but i would still say, use at your own risk. Im doing this casue i have one year warrenty with mine. So i can return it for a new one anytime it breaks. :D
<<

Wirelessfreak

Young Brewer

Post Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:46 am

jeez now im scared -_-... Nothing happens when i dont play the roms right? just leave it on. Im nervousssssssss.. i wish i had warranty
<<

Danopoly

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:13 am

o darn! ive just realized something from reading another post. What if my PSP does die from clocking it. Then when i return it with warrenty, theres a good chance they will give me a 1.51 or 1.52! OMG what to do!?

im actually afraid to get a new one, how ironic.... :?
<<

Wirelessfreak

Young Brewer

Post Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:34 am

Grr quit scarin.. whats the chances of somethin happening? is there a emu where you dont have o change nething
<<

Danopoly

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:50 am

Wirelessfreak wrote:Grr quit scarin.. whats the chances of somethin happening? is there a emu where you dont have o change nething

yes, there are some emus that run naturally fast and require no changing of clock speed and its all good. But for some emulators, you have the option to change the speed your self. Such as PSPGenesis and uo_SNES/SNES.
<<

hyedipin

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:51 am

emu? game boy, NES, sega..
all of those don't require you to fiddle anything..

only SNES requires adjustment...
i love the fps on GBA/C

also, my suggestion, dont run 333 for long..
<<

Wirelessfreak

Young Brewer

Post Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:02 pm

Yeah but those kinda suck =\ i tryed the shiningforce 2 game on gen and it sucks.. Is there a snes rom made yet where you dont have to do all that messing around crap that runs perfect in all games? How do you know if your psp is gonna mess up
<<

Danopoly

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:17 pm

pablo wrote:emu? game boy, NES, sega..
all of those don't require you to fiddle anything..

only SNES requires adjustment...
i love the fps on GBA/C

also, my suggestion, dont run 333 for long..

sega or PSPGenesis allows you to set clock speed. Its defaulted to 222Mhz but when you press the X button, it goes to 333Mhz.
Try downloading the newest version.
Next

Return to PSP Hacks & Homebrew